Last month Google announced the changing of name from Google Local Business Center to Google Places, aside from that Google also introduce more features:
- Service areas: If you travel to serve customers, you can now show which geographic areas you serve. And if you run a business without a storefront or office location, you can now make your address private.
- A new, simple way to advertise: For just $25 per month, businesses in select cities can make their listings stand out on Google.com and Google Maps with Tags. As of today, we’re rolling out Tags to three new cities — Austin, Atlanta and Washington, D.C. — in addition to ongoing availability in Houston and San Jose, CA. In the coming weeks we’ll also be introducing Tags in Chicago, San Diego, Seattle, Boulder and San Francisco.
- Business photo shoots: In addition to uploading their own photos, businesses in select cities can now request a free photo shoot of the interior of their business which we’ll use to supplement existing photos of businesses on Place Pages. We’ve been experimenting with this over the past few months, and now have created a site for businesses to learn more and express their interest in participating.
- Customized QR codes: From the dashboard page of Google Places, businesses in the U.S. can download a QR code that’s unique to their business, directly from their dashboard page. QR codes can be placed on business cards or other marketing materials, and customers can scan them with certain smartphones to be taken directly to the mobile version of the Place Page for that business.
- Favorite Places: We’re doing a second round of our Favorite Places program, and are mailing window decals to 50,000 businesses around the U.S. These decals include a QR code that can be scanned with a smartphone to directly view the mobile Place Page for the business to learn more about their great offerings.
The most exciting is it’s because Google Place also add United Arab Emirates in their list of countries. When Goole local business center launched this service, United Arab Emirates is not included in the list, you can check this link http://bit.ly/glbcenter , a lot of people complaining that UAE is not included in the list of countries.
This is an excellent opportunity for those companies in the UAE who have a website… duh!. If your website is not ranking In your local targeted keyword in page one of SERPS(Search Engine Result Pages), this is now your chance to take advantage of the google places service because a map will show above the organic listing (example below).
Go on and place your business on Google Place now, before everyone else..